General Statement on Privacy, Personal Data, and Communications
If you use the Website or the App, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, password, and for restricting access to your computer or device. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and password.
By visiting the Website, using and/or downloading the App, or communicating with RJS Fit via email, you are communicating electronically. You agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy and consent to receiving communications from RJS Fit electronically. RJS Fit will communicate with you by email or by posting notifications on the Website and/or the App. You understand and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that RJS Fit provides electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Website, App, or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect information from you when you contact us, register with our Website or App, reserve classes, make a purchase, or otherwise interact with us via our Website or our App. Additionally, personal information may be transmitted as part of a form submission or in connection with other activities or services made available on the Website or App. The type of information that we collect varies based on your interaction with us and may include: your name, email address, password, and phone number, and, if you make a purchase from us, payment information, purchase history, and shipping address. We also may collect information about your workout preferences, such as your bike size and settings, and your cycling shoe size preferences. RJS Fit may use the information provided to contact you with important information, required notices, and marketing promotions.
Information We Collect from Third Parties. To create an account and participate in one of our classes, we need emergency contact information for our customers. When a client creates an online account with us, we will collect the name and phone number of their emergency contact, giving us permission to contact the named individual in case of emergency. Our clients also may provide us information about their friends, e.g., so that we can invite others to try our classes.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Website* and App** through cookies and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. We combine this information with other information we collect about you. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
- Domain name;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Web pages you view; links you click; your IP address;
- The length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and
- The referring URL or the webpage that led you to our Site.
- Mobile device ID; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version;
- Language information;
- Activities within the App; and the length of time that you are logged into our App;
- Location information. With your permission, we will collect location information from your mobile device to help you locate our studio. You may turn off this feature through the location settings on your mobile device.
- Calendar. With your permission, we may access your mobile device’s calendar to help you keep track of your upcoming classes.
- Contact list. With your permission, we may access your contacts to allow you to identify your emergency contact and upload their contact information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following reasons:
- To provide our services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, to complete your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Website or App.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, as permitted by applicable law, we and our third party partners may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including third party products and services. If you indicate that you are interested in receiving RJS Fit related news and information, you may receive emails to the email address you provided during the registration process.
- To better understand how users access and use our Website and App.
- To improve our Website and App.
- For research and analytical purposes.
- To administer our customer loyalty programs.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires.
- To comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to a subpoena or court order.
- In the context of a merger or acquisition, if some or all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
- Where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms or this Policy.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Emails?
Periodically, we may send you promotional and informational emails. You may opt-out of our promotional communications by following the opt-out instructions and link contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Website and our App, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Website or our App. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Website. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Website.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Website and on third-party sites.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Website who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Website, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Website and our App to, among other things, track the activities of our Website visitors and App users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Website and App usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Do Not Track. At this time, we do not have a system to respond to Do Not Track requests.
Security of Your Personal Information
RJS Fit makes every effort to ensure that all transactions that occur on the Website and App are secure. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
Third Parties. We may share information with our third party partners or other third parties so they may send you information about their products and services.
We may also share information in the following circumstances:
Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if some or all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes
Third-Party Ad Networks
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Our Website and App may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Changes to the Policy
We welcome your questions and comments about security and privacy. Please direct any questions or comments to our management team by emailing email@example.com, or by postal mail RJS Fit, 52 Addis Drive, Churchville PA 18966, Attention: Privacy.